Monday, May 28, 2012

Hello and Happy Memorial Day

First, in honor of my family members, and all of the others out there, who have served to protect us and risked their lives doing so...

I know it has been a little quiet around here lately. 
Did you hear that pin drop?

I have been trying to get some things done around the house.  My surgery (hysterectomy) is coming up on Thursday and I will be down for at least a week if all goes as planned. Cartoon: surgery for dummies (medium) by toons tagged surgery,hospitals,doctors,nurses,patients,dummies
 I do have some reviews and at least one or two giveaways planned for all of you this coming month.  I have also finally got out of my crochet rut.  I have decided the problem is if I am not making it for others it is not as fun.  I have been working on goodies for my swap sister for the 

It has been fun trying to find little things I think she would like.  I am almost finished with the main item for the July mailing.  This year you can do a stocking or a sack.  Can't tell you yet what I am doing as I want it to be a surprise.  I promise to post pictures after she receives the first package.  Then there will only be monthly teasers of the gifts up until she opens them in December.  Then I will reveal all of the goodies for you.  If you would like to follow along on all the happenings you can click on the image above and it will take you to the blog. Cheryll has posted some links to some extra lovely ornament patterns and tutorials.
Mouse9 - Copy

Click on the image and it will take you to the website to find them.  I am in love with the Pomander.  I may have to make a few of those for my tree and some for friends and family as well.  Check back often on her blog for more updates and lots of fun.  I can't wait to see all of the goodies the ladies make and send.


We are spending a lazy day at the house today.

My brother in law is in for a week from Texas and the kids love to see him.  Boo has a bit of an allergy issue going on right now.  It is so dry and dusty here.  We have all been praying for rain.  We do have a chance a few days this week so Lord willing we will see some.  It looks like August here.  Our yard is dry and turning brown already and it isn't even June.  At least we did get the pool patched and have been enjoying it.  It was in the 90s here yesterday and the day before.  Today is only supposed to be in the 80s  and Thursday and Friday  it is supposed to only be in the lower 70s.  Gotta love the weather this year.  It can't decided what it wants to do.  Okay I have waffled on enough!!

Hope you all have a lazy Memorial Day and a great week.


3 comments:

  1. Have a good day Melissa. I'm sending you all my best thoughts and wishes on your upcoming surgery. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be thinking of you on Thursday and send prayers up for a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you a quick recovery!! Loved all your photos!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends. Thank you so much for visiting my home here in blog land. Please leave me a comment, a hello, or just a smile :o). I Love to hear from you. Have a great day.