Thursday, January 10, 2013

I'm Back


Hello everyone!!  It’s good to be back after the long break I took.  The kids were off for 17 days from school.  We had a wonderful Christmas and a quiet New Years.  We never stay up to ring in the New Year. We are usually in the bed snoring long before it is time to ring it in. 
I am sitting here, in the recliner, (enjoying a rainy day…Praise the Lord!) working on my new toy.  My sweet hubby got me a laptop for Christmas.  I love it.  I wound up getting a 17” because I wanted a large sized keyboard with the full keypad and all that.  Plus mom got me a new Nikon camera for Christmas.  Now my pictures will be much better and not so dark and yucky looking.  The other one I had was a Kodak easy share model and just didn’t take the best pictures for some reason.

Now that Christmas is over and all of the gifts have been opened, I can share a few of the things that I made. I'll share more tomorrow. I forgot to take pictures of all the goodies that I sent to my swap buddy in the Santa Sack Swap.  You can see them on her blog HERE.

However, I can show you all the goodies she sent me.

Look at all those lovely goodies!!

Lots of lovely material.  There are cute pandas, dots, stripes, some silly zebras, some really silly zoo animals, and a big piece of sewing room print.  I am trying to decide what I want to make with all the wonderfulness.

A wonderfully yummy smelling apple cinnamon candle, two knitted dishcloths (love these!), and a cute tissue holder for my purse or crochet/embroidery bag. The tissue holder matches the sack all my goodies were stored in.

As my family knows I am a notebook hoarder.  So this set of goodies was perfect for me. A note book with colorful flowers, a set of three little journals(love the colors on these!) that will be perfect to keep in my bags, a jumbo note block that has a matching pencil (this will be kept on the table next to my chair), a cute little felt ornament, and a tiny little 2012 quilt block charm.


A Quiltmaker’s 100 Blocks magazine, The Quilting Answer Book, and some 14 count AidaCloth.


And a cute mini quilt.  I love the pin wheel pattern on it.  I’m thinking about hanging it on the wall in my craft area. 


This is the back side of the mini quilt.


Here is my bag with the matching tissue holder.  I’m thinking this may be my new embroidery bag.

Thanks so much to Andee for all of my goodies and to Cheryll for being a wonderful swap mom.

Tomorrow I will share some of the things I made the kids and mom.  Hope you have a great day and I’ll see you tomorrow.

                              Melissa

2 comments:

  1. what wonderful gifts you have received Melissa,love the fabric your bag is made out of,its a fun swap to be in.xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends. Thank you so much for visiting my home here in blog land. Please leave me a comment, a hello, or just a smile :o). I Love to hear from you. Have a great day.